Tuesday, February 10, 2009

BOOM BABY!!!!












In the words of Emperor Kuzco "BooM BabY!!!" That is how I have felt these last couple of weeks. Our countdown is now in the double digits.....CRAZY!!!!! I have also really started "nesting" as some would call it and it has been fun. Our little one is so spoiled already. She has 3/4 of a closet of clothes, toys, and all of these other goodies. Nate just shakes his head, but I know that he is learning to like pink girly stuff. He has even picked out outfits for her. I have been working on quite a few projects over the last few weekends. I just finished the new covering for the bassinet. This is the one my mom used for me and I am so excited to get to use it too. It just needed a little updating. I am now waiting on the fabric that I ordered so that I can begin working on all the crib bedding and bumper pads. I love being able to create my own stuff and make it personal for our little one. She is continuing to grow. I have my checkup tomorrow and we will see what progress she has made in the last month. I still think she is going to be on the small side, but she is getting bigger and stronger every week.



You can see the pile of blankets beginning and believe me I have tons more fabric to create with!Not to mention the growing piles from the grandmas too.

This is the bassinet. It was a little tricky because I had no pattern and had to freehand it, but I think it turned out pretty good. Not sure if I will leave the flower on it or not, and I still need to add a few decorative things here and there.

This little guy is a giraffe that my mom got. It sings the cutest goodnight song. I'll play it every now and then just for laughs. You can also see the growing pile of diapers that we have started to collect. People keep telling us to stock up now.

And finally for all those of you who have requested it.... a belly shot. Please excuse the bags under my eyes, it had been a long day at work. To be honest she just popped out these last few weeks. I went from not looking prego to BOOM BABY here she is. Now there is no hiding this little bundle of wiggles.

11 comments:

Jenn said...

Steph, you are so creative and talented! I love it.

Jessica said...

TOO CUTE! You look good and happy! I love the Basinet. Where did you get your material? It is super cute! I can't wait to see what the rest will look like! Be sure to post pix of that too! Dang girl!

Jess :D

Alison Berrett said...

Wow, talk about going the extra mile Steph. You have more creativity in your pinky than I do in my whole body. I love the belly. I always knew you would be a cute prego lady!

Anonymous said...

its good to see bhindi and katie breaking in the basinet....little thatchalina has some competition :)

The Whitmers said...

I love the bassinet. It is adorable. You are so creative and so talented!! Good work. Your belly is looking extra cute too.

Anonymous said...

You look soooo CuTE!!!! I love her little bassinett! You are so creative. Is there anything that you need for her? It makes it a little difficult to make her anything because you have so many cute little blankets and such!!! I can't believe how fast it has been going! Only a couple of short months left until you get to meet your little sweetheart!

☆Lisa☆ said...

Oh my! What scrubs do hide! I can't believe you hide that adorable baby bump every day. Wow! You sure are coming along on her room. You are so crafty! I love it all :)

nathan said...

When I saw your title from my post I totally thought EMPEROR! haha. good memories.
anyway- post- you are the most creative person! man I wish I could sew like you. amazing. and you look AWESOME. such a cute little pregnant lady. do you feel cute, I never did- but you certainly look it!

ps thanks for your sweet sweet comments! you are really so nice to me. I love you!

Maxwell Family said...

You look adorable! I love the sewing projects you are doing, you are so talented and creative. It's fun to sew for a girl of your own!!!

MarshandKrissy said...

You are so creative!!! You def. have to move down here so you can teach me everything you know!!!;-) Speaking of that...any updates? Did you get my post on Facebook--I had a whole list of questions for you to help me get you down here!!!

Yvonne and Bruce said...

Darling! You are so creative! We're anxious to see that cute little one. Does she have a name yet??
Auntie Yvonne